Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nov 27

Today is the day Auntie Lisa will be here! Matt will also be going home today for a bit. I'm sad that Matt will be leaving. I hate being away from him right now. I don't want to leave his side and I want. It's of us right there with Amelia. I know he has to go home to get some stuff and take care of some things but it diesnt make it easier.

Sadly the meds that Amelia were being given for seizures just weren't enough. She had a couple during the past 24 hrs so that means one more day with the EEG and a change in the meds. That's okay though because I'd rather have everything figured out before they took the EEG off. The neurologist said that normally now is the time for increased seizures and it should mellow out very soon. It seems like we will be heading on the downward slope very soon with everything. :)

Today Amelia got her breathing tube taken out!! They decided to try it even though she still wasn't complete in the clear with seizures. They figured she should try it. Worse case was she would have to have it put back in. They hooked her up to oxygen just to help her a little for the first hour. She did well! She did have to have to have the oxygen on a little longer but at an extremely low dose. 

Amelia got to FaceTime with her great-grandma (Busia) today. Gramma loved it! She loved seeing Amelia's beautiful face. She did think Amelia had giant hands for a baby but then I had to tell her they were mine! She also said that since Amelia was coming off her oxygen then she could too. Um no G, you kinda need it. If your doctor says it is okay then go for it! But until then, keep it on!!!

This may have been the best day thus far for me. I got to hold my sweet angel 6 days and she was finally in my arms. The nurses told me I could but Matt was at home and I wanted him there for it. It was so hard, but I waited. It was worth the wait. She felt so right being in my arms. I couldn't think of anything I wanted more in life. This was perfect. I also shared her with Matt. She looked so peaceful and content laying in her daddy's arms. It was like that is where she was meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment