Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Amelia's first Thanksgiving

Boy, this was not the way I saw celebrating Amelia's first Thanksgiving together. We should have been at home, Amelia snuggled up with daddy on the sofa watching the parade. Lisa and I looking through Black Friday ads. Watching the Lions win and then going to dinner. I guess some of that happened but it wasn't how it was supposed to be.

The Ronald McDonald House provided a turkey dinner lunch for the families which was nice. We didn't want to disturb Amelia and so we sat down from her room in the PCCU waiting room. Lisa sat at the kids table!! She's crazy! I wish Amelia was at home in her nursery but that's something I have to get over.

Lisa was planning on coming in for Thanksgiving prior to all this and we had planned on going to Cracker Barrel to eat since I didn't think I would be up to cooking and our tastes are polar opposite it wouldn't make sense to cook. I was gonna keep Amelia in her car seat covered up and we would have a good time. We went to a Cracker Barrel and it hurt me so bad. I wanted nothing more than to have that sweet girl there with me. But per usual I pushed past that.

Amelia's nurse, Jennifer, made Amelia and Indian headdress. The other nurses colored a pictured for her door that said Happy Thanksgiving. These nurses rock! They are so amazing with Amelia. 

Today is a day to be thankful and Matt and I have a lot to be thankful for. We are so thankful to God for the miracle of Amelia. We are thankful to have made it this far. We are thankful for all our family, friends and strangers who have come together to pray for Amelia. We are thankful to have such a strong marriage and know how to support each other. We are thankful to serve a God who is in the business of performing miracles! For a God who is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment