Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nov 20th

Nov 20th...the day I would go to the hospital. Every thing I did that day brought tears to my eyes. That was the last day that I would be childless. I would never take another shower without hearing "MOM", I wouldn't be watching Love it or List it anymore, I wouldn't be sleeping in my bed without a child next to me. I loved that I was going to be a mother the next day. It was still so surreal. Matt took the full day off of work so he could do some last minute things around the house. We should be coming back with a baby Friday. We made sure the dogs knew that the next time we would come home we would be bring Amelia with us. The last few weeks of pregnancy both Buddy and Sammy wouldn't leave my side. They would lay on my lap and feet all day. Getting annoyed every time I had to get up to go to the bathroom. I had so many feelings running through me that day. I was so nervous and scared for what was coming during labor. I was nervous about taking care of this sweet little angel I was carrying. I was so excited about turning Matt and I into Matt, Amelia and I. I had never seen Matt so excited before. It made me so happy to see that. I knew he was going to make one heck of a dad. It was about time to leave for the hospital and I was such an emotional wreck! We got to the hospital and checked in. We went up to Labor and Delivery and there is the first thing to go wrong. They did not have any of my paperwork and they were going back and forth with the dr. They couldn't start anything without my papers per hospital protocol. They were going to put me in my room, let me put on a gown and sit and wait. So I get my gown on and am sitting there waiting. Matt started to look nervous at that point. He was not making sense when he was talking, he was pacing, it was cute! The nurse came in a while later telling me they are still trying. Then the head nurse came in and said that she is trying to figure out what to do and had calls in to her boss, but they were trying. Finally after 2 hours they could get me ready to go. Katie, my nurse was awesome. She got the IV in me, hooked me up with everything I needed, explained some stuff and then she started the Pictocin. Talk about the emotions man. I tried to focus, but that was it. I was becoming a mother soon. That was a long night! Matt was for sure nervous at that point as he kept eating. I would go from super excited to super scared and back again. That night went well and I was ready for the morning when I would have my water broken. 12 years we waited for this moment! I couldn't love Matt any more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment