Sunday, November 24, 2013

12 years ago...

Shortly before getting married Matt and I talked about wanting to have kids and not waiting for years after our wedding to start. Yes we were young, but we knew that we wanted a family, so we decided that when we got married we would not start "trying" but we would not prevent. June 9th, 2001 we had an amazing wedding with family and friends. We hoped that within a year we would have a baby to love on. Shortly after getting married I went to the dr for a yearly exam. That exam changed our lives. I was told that I needed surgery for PCOS and Endometriosis. Oct 11, 2001 I went for that surgery and the dr wanted to do a complete hystorectomy because I was in such bad shape. NO! was the answer he was met with. We had hope and faith that we would eventually overcome this. Months turned into years and we were no closer to having a family. All our friends were starting to get married and have kids and we were crushed to not have a family of our own. To most people this would tear apart a marriage, but it didn't with us. We tried many different options over the years. Surgery, pills, injections, procedures, adoptions, fostering...nothing worked in our favor. After years of rejection we decided to finally accept the fact that it would just be us. I had no complaints over spending the rest of my life with the love of my life, but having children was so wanted by us both. March 31, 2013 (my mom's birthday) I took a pregnancy test. Not because I thought I was pregnant by any means. It was because I thought I had an ovarian cyst that was going to rupture and my dr would make me take a test before coming in just to be sure. Immediately it turned positive. Something I had never seen before. I don't remember if I finished going to the bathroom or if I wiped or anything. I remember running to Matt and asking what it said. He was confused and knowing it was a pregnancy test automatically said "negative". I told him to look closer. As it hit him I could see the joy in his face. I told him that I didn't want to get too excited because it could be wrong and I will take another test. He asked when I could take another test and I said as soon as I could go to the bathroom and he said "drink up baby". That test came back positive so I decided that I should make an appointment with my dr the next day. They don't see you till you are 8 weeks along, so we had a few weeks to wait sadly. That night on my way home from work I bought prenatal vitamins and a few more tests (different brands) to take. They were all positive. I allowed myself to get a little excited. A few weeks later, on April 17th, an ultrasound confirmed we were pregnant and had an EDD of Dec 1, 2013. Talk about a miracle. We thanked God so much for allowing us, after almost 12 years of disappointment and stress to have this blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment