Monday, July 14, 2014

Storms and hydro, and teeth

As I sit here holding my baby, listening to the storm, my heart hurts for her. The type of hydrocephalus Amelia has is where her body doesn't absorb the cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) and so the shunt she has takes it and drains it in her stomach. When there is a storm it causes pressure in her head. She is so miserable. I always felt bad for people with arthritis that could feel in their joints that a storm is coming. Now I'm trying to comfort someone affected by the storm.

On top of her head hurting and her being cranky and miserable she just cut her top two teeth. She also has what looks like 3 teeth coming down quickly. This poor girl 😔 In between all the pain and being a cranky butt, she's been smiling for me, so that's a good thing.

Tomorrow ends our little break from appointments. Her last one was Wednesday, so we got a nice break. Tomorrow she goes for a CT scan at 10 and then we have to wait till 1:45 to see her neurosurgeon. She'll be excited to see him! She really likes him. And I just know that he will be excited to see her as she's his favorite patient!! 😝

If you are reading this, could you please pray for someone close to us who is starting a battle with cancer. She will meet with an oncologist tomorrow to find out what stage and treatment options. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment