Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dec 2

Today Amelia has a MRI scheduled. She is not happy as they stopped her bottles at 4am. Her MRI isn't till 3 pm. How mean can these people be?? She's been spending a lot of time in our arms trying to be comforted. The results of the MRI are important. If things look good (well I should say stable) then neurosurgery will give the okay for her to be released. That is one more step toward going home. 

Matt and I have had some issues with the nurses here on the regular floor. As far as the way things are done and stuff. We Are both completely frustrated by this but after praying about it and Matt putting me in my place :) we aren't going to dwell on that. As much as it bothered us we don't want to go down that slippery slope. I'm so glad I have someone like Matt helping and guiding me. We have really been helpful to each other when the other just needs a little help. How wonderful to have that support. Not only am I married to my best friend, but I'm also married to a Godly man who helps me stay on the right path! 

Amelia did well with the MRI. She had to be put under so she didn't move and did really well with that. Boy was she tired after though. The MRI showed a little bleeding but they weren't sure that it was new or old. Neurosurgery thought it looked consistent to what it should after everything, so they were content with the results. It showed stroke damage consistent to a 60 year old man but they said that because she's so young she could bypass the damage. This is going to be a long journey of appointments and therapy ahead of us but it makes me so happy to think about the future! After my first call from the neurosurgeon I didn't think Amelia had a future. I will take all these appointments! 

 When the neurosurgery team came in they took off her bandages. She didn't like that and I couldn't stand looking at all those stitches in her head. It just broke my heart. Ex washed her head today. Boy was that a chore. Of course she didn't like it but she will hopefully get use to it. We don't go back to see the neurosurgeons until dec 17th to look at the stitches so she has a lot of head cleaning in her future. 

The floor pediatrician wants to see her PVC numbers in the morning as they were getting low. If they are low they will have to do a transfusion. We will see tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment