Thursday, January 15, 2015

Merry Christmas

For those that personally know me, you know that Christmas is an extremely difficult time for me. Even having Amelia it is still a rough time. There are people who think that they know what will make me like Christmas but they don't know that Christmas will never be a happy time for me. Yes I think that as time goes on and Amelia gets older I may enjoy it more, but being so far from my family will make it so I will not enjoy it much. 

This year all I wanted for Christmas was to be with my family. The people that for the past year have surrounded me with love, kindness, and comfort. The people who called/texted/emailed/facetimed all the time to talk to or check on Amelia. The people who worried as much as I did every time Amelia went to the doctor or for surgery. I wanted to surround myself with them and smile and actually mean it. Money is always an issue with us. When we have a little money we never have time and when we have time we never have the money. Matt was determined to make me smile though and said we will make it work. (Leave it to a man to say that when he's never balanced our checkbook or paid a bill in the last 15 years!!). 

So we packed up and headed north. Prior to Amelia a trip to my sisters would take just over 8 hours. We would eat in the car and just go. With Amelia it was almost 12 hours. Stopping for an hour for lunch, an hour for dinner, stops to change diapers and give meds. We didn't tell anyone we were coming except for my sister. On Christmas Eve (a few hours after we got in) we went and checked into a hotel out by Grandma's and then went to her house to surprise her. My sister took her to my uncles and said her surprise was here (everyone thought she was pregnant). It was so nice to be able to walk in and get greeted with open arms and happiness. 

We had a great time and I got the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment